Thursday, May 20, 2010

Santorini, Greece Enhanced

Now that we are home I am posting my original blog with all the pictures.

This has to be one of the most beautiful ports we have been in.

These islands were created when a volcano erupted before 1600 BC and the whole center sunk.  Some people speculate that the part at the bottom of the ocean is the mythical city of Atlantis.

DSC04985 

The majority of the towns are built high on the cliff sides as the cliffs are very steep.

DSC04991 

A few creative people have managed to build closer to the water.

   DSCF3195 There are three ways to get to the cities—walk, ride a donkey, or take the cable car.

DSC04997

Wayne took the cable car up and my sick stomach and I went back to the ship.  He got this beautiful picture from the top.

DSCF3198

All of the houses are whitewashed to help with the heat.  Here is one of he many  churches on the island.

DSCF3200

Leaving Santorini heading back to the ship.,

DSCF3201

Meanwhile on board I did laundry and rested a lot.  Wayne made me go to the Medical Center when he got back and they put me in quarantine because I had symptoms of Norovirus Gastroenteritis.  I guess I should have gone two days ago when the symptoms started rather than risk infecting other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment