Tuesday, June 23, 2009

We were almost to Hazelton when we crossed this river. It was a long way down!

Here is a picture of our coach at Ksan Campground. The view is incredible.

Here is another view of the mountains. There is a river about 100 yards in front of us.

This is the entrance way to the reservation. There are three carved wooden figures that I hope to get better pictures of.


We went into New Hazelton for groceries and to look for a beauty shop and laundromat for me. We found the laundromat and shopped for groceries.
These are some of the old structures on the road between New Hazelton and Old Hazelton.

I'm not quite sure what this sign represents but there are two of them on this road.

I love this building. The eyes are windows that give it a very eerie feeling.

After we grocery shopped we drove through Old Town before returning home. This is the sign welcoming you to the original Hazelton that is now referred to as Old Town.

Almost all of the buildings in Old Town are Old. While in town I found a complete beauty salon where I went back later to have my hair cut. Now I can make it to Anchorage where Sandra can cut it again. She did it the last time while she was in Corpus Christi.

This one has been turned into a restaurant.



This building looks like an old ferry and sits on the riverbank.

This old shack looks like its about to fall down.

This is the entrance to the campground and to the historical village and museum that we will visit later in the week.

Here is Wayne watching the UT vs LSU collage world series game that unfortunately LSU won.

This is an European tour bus that pulled into the campground. The people sit in the bus seats while touring and sleep in what our tail gunner called coffins at night. I'm sure it is similar to the Pullman beds that they had on trains.

The sides open on one side to become a galley for fixing food and on the other side is where the food is served and where the people eat. I imagined that the bus would be full of young people but boy was I surprised. Most of the people were senior citizens.

I like the way we travel better. Today has been a dreary day so we haven't done much. Our wagon master, Spike arrived and the staff has taken our money and given us our vests so I guess we are official now. The weather forecast for the next few days is pretty dreary. Oh well, we will make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment