Saturday, April 25, 2009

Friday and Saturday in Tucson

Friday we didn't do much. However, my friend, Bobbie, worked in her beautiful garden and sent me pictures.

She agreed to let me include them in our blog.

She wanted everyone to know how beautiful the desert can be. And I agree


When I went over to extend our stay here at Davis-Monthan the host insisted that I go get a picture of their blooming cactus so I did.


Friday evening we enticed Ted away from grading papers for his high school classes to join us for dinner at outback. Notice Bobbie's beautiful jewelry in the picture of her and Ted. She makes beautiful jewelry that sells in galleries around here.


Saturday we got up and went to breakfast then headed to downtown Tucson. This is a beautiful old church that we saw on the way.


This is the old Town Hall.
This is a really interesting fountain in the courtyard next to the Town Hall. Wayne is walking over to a shady spot for us to rest.


This is the gate to the old Spanish Presidio. I insisted that I get in the picture as well. When I look at how fat I am I wish i hadn't.


This is me and a mural inside the Presidio.


We came back to the motorhome in time for Wayne to watch the 2009 NFL draft.
So much for now. Keep visiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment