Friday, April 10, 2009

Back to Corpus Christi for Easter

Since our last entry, we have been to San Antonio to have a skin cancer removed from Wayne's forehead. I tried to get him to let me post a picture of him but he refused. I called him Frankenstein after the surgery because he has about a 5 inch incision across his forehead. The doctor told him that he had given him a brow lift.

Rather than sit around in San Antonio for a week, we decided to come to Corpus Christi and see if Wayne could get an appointment with his cardiologist and if I could get my hand looked at. As it turned out, Wayne fell while unhooking the car so we both went to our GP. Wayne has a sprained wrist and I have arthritis in my right thumb.

We are staying at Shields RV Park at the Navel Air Station where we have stayed many times before. They have added twelve new sites to the park and opened up another area for RVs as well. We are staying at one of the new sites and have a nice view of the water from both sides.




We also have a good view of the jack rabbits that come really close to feed.



Unfortunately, they didn't like it when I came out of the motorhome.



We've been getting regular updates from Spike, the wagonmaster of the Alaskan caravan that we will be going on. He had kept us up to date on Mt. Redoubt, the volcano that blew and that so far has not affected where we will be going.



He says that he and the crew are waiting for us.



Spike and his wife are the couple in the middle. We are getting excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment