Monday, July 15, 2013

Trip to Wimberley

Friday, July 12, we loaded up a full bus from the Conservatory and headed to Wimberley, Texas.  It took us an hour to get to Kate’s Place where we had lunch.  Kate’s is a very interesting place.  Rather rustic and decorated with lots of birdhouses like this one.

Wimberly Glass Factory

I forgot my camera and had to take pictures with my cell phone. I had lots of problems trying to email them to myself and finally gave up.  Imagine my surprise this morning when I opened my email and had a few of the pictures.  Here we are at lunch

wimberlywimberly 2

Sorry that the other pictures at lunch didn’t come through.

After lunch we drove over to the Wimberley Glassworks where we watched Tim deJong - Owner/Head Gaffer – blow several pieces. 

wimberly3

Since none of the pictures I took came through, I am posting some from their website, http://www.wgw.com/.

He makes beautiful decorative as well as useful pieces.

glass

They do beautiful lighting fixtures as well.

lAMP

We had a fun filled day and  got back home in time for dinner which was good as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment