Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Dinner in the Pinnacle Grill

Our second day was a sea day and we really didn’t do anything remarkable.  It was also a formal night for dinner so we dressed up and headed for the Pinnacle Grill which is one of the ship’s specialty dining rooms.

On the way we passed by the atrium area which houses this three story ornate organ. I have no idea if it is functional but it is beautiful and unusual.

DSC_0027

Here is Wayne sitting in the Pinnacle Grill. Note the orchid on the table.  They were everywhere.

DSC01471

The first thing they brought was the bread, three different kinds of Hawaiian salts, and three different kinds of butter.  We are not really salt users but the butters were great.

DSC01472

This was the menu.

DSC01473

This is Wayne’s lobster bisque which was fixed at the table.

DSC01474

This was my crab cakes.  They were cooked differently than I am used to and were soft in the center.

DSC01475

We both had the lobster.  When the waiter asked how it was, Wayne remarked that it looked a little small.  He was joking but a second lobster tail arrived soon after that.

DSC01476

We ordered dessert and coffee and they brought this tiered plate first with the creams and different sugars with small truffles and other sweets on top.

DSC01477

I was almost too full to eat my chocolate volcano but you know me and chocolate—I forced it down.  I did take my cookie back to the room.

DSC01478

This was Wayne’s dessert.

DSC01479

Back at the room we found our first towel animal.  This is one of the things I get a kick out of.  This one was a seal.

DSC_0032We didn’t get through with dinner until after 9:00 so we didn’t do anything else that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment