Sunday, November 14, 2010

Coupland School and “Tuff Guy” Trouble

I downloaded my pictures today so I could post some pictures of Trouble our 5 lb ball of fur and found two pictures that I took last week on our way up here.

Coupland School is where I taught two days a week in 1971 – my first year of teaching.  (I taught two other days at Jarrell, TX and spent one day a week at the service center planning.)  If you drive east from Austin on Hwy 290 and turn north at Elgin you soon can see the two story building that was Coupland School.  It was grades K-8 with two grades to a classroom K-6 and the principal taught 7 & 8.  I just googled it and it appears that the school still has grades K-8 with up to 10 teachers.

DSC08864

It was really a pretty old building as you can see from this picture of the back of it.

DSC08866

Now to the real reason for the blog.  Our friend, Emelie, from our travels the past two summers bought a “Tuff Guy” t-shirt for her dog that didn’t fit so she gave it to Trouble.  It fit him perfect and maybe now everyone won’t say how cute “she” is.

DSC08869

Emelie also brought Prince and Bear over to play.  Here is Prince checking out Trouble.

DSC08870

It must have been the shirt because Trouble soon had Prince on his back.

DSC08871

It will probably get cold enough here for him to wear his shirt several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment